(Scroll down for Marina directory)
There is no better way to experience the beauty of the St. Lawrence River than from the bow of a boat. The spray in your face- the wind in your hair- its a feeling like no other. The magnificence of the sparkling water, set off by the picturesque islands, offers a potent reminder of why the 1000 Islands has long been the choice of vacationers from around the world. Take off and try tubing, head out on water skies. Explore the islands, and stop for a quick swim or picnic.
Be sure to bring your own boat. Clayton makes it easy to get your boat into the water. The village provides a public launch and docking at many points along the river including a 200-foot floating dock complex in front of the Village.
Clayton also has a number of well-equipped full service marinas where you can buy gas, supplies, dock for the evening, or rent watercraft ranging from kayaks to canoes and small fishing boats to houseboats to pontoon “party boats”.
If you don’t have your own boat, you can enjoy the guided pleasures of a boat tour aboard a double-decker tour boat. The scenic vessels leave Clayton throughout the day, and travel beneath the 1000 Islands Bridge to near-by Alexandria Bay and its romantic Boldt Castle, and around the islands into Canada. You’ll view the extraordinary island homes built by the privileged of yesteryear especially along millionaire’s row, and learn about Clayton’s colorful past filled with bootleggers, pirates and local “river rats”. Perhaps you would prefer a private, personalized tour where you can try a day of “rivering” with a local guide on his private boat. With just your own friends and family aboard, your tour can be as personalized as you like.
Wagoner Pontoon Rentals provides a range of rental options for you and your family to enjoy your stay on the St. Lawrence River. We have 3 models to choose from (2022 Sweetwater with 115 HP engine, 2017 Sweetwater with 90 HP engine and 2017 Premier with 90 HP engine). Our pontoon boats can comfortably hold between 10 and 12 adults. You will not find a rental on the river like one of ours, so why not enjoy your stay in the Thousand Islands with a Wagoner Pontoon Rental and travel in style. Cancellation policy is available and fully refunded if notice is given 10 days prior to rental date. Hours of operation are from 8am to 6pm. We provide dockage if you need it for the rental period as well as parking for one vehicle. Rentals are not equipped for skiing or towing of any kind.
Pontoons have the following upon arrival……..
- 12 Life jackets along with all the safety equipment to meet coast guard regulations.
- Ropes, bumpers and an anchor with 150 feet of line.
- A full tank of fuel, you fill it back up when you return it. That way you pay for the fuel you use.
- A stereo that is has Bluetooth and Ipod/smart phone capabilities.
- A St. Lawrence River chart (although if not familiar with the river I would recommend you download a GPS to your smart phone or handheld computer). NAVIONICS is a very user friendly one that I like to use. Get the marine and lakes version and you wont be disappointed as it makes for a more comfortable and safe way to navigate the river.